Excessive accumulation of fat on the body is called Obesity. In this day and age, it is not just a disease in itself but also a “siren” for many other major illnesses. Putting on the extra pounds constantly leads to overweight and then obesity, eventually resulting in hypertension, diabetes, osteoarthritis, cardio disorders, hepatic disorder, infertility, POSC, obstructive sleep apnea, hypoventilation syndrome, varicose vein and many more. So, controlling the weight at the very first stage is very crucial because with the passage of time metabolism gets weaker and weaker resulting in a speedy weight gain.
Here is a list of the top 10 most effective Ayurvedic practices for fat burning:
1.Yoga and exercise– It stimulates proper functioning of each and every internal organ of the of the body and makes it more flexible and non-stiff. Here are some Yoga practices recommended particularly for weight loss:
- Ardha naavarana
- Setubandhasana halasana
2. Fasting: Fasting at least once a week is recommended. To fast effectively, take only liquid and sugar-free diet as it detoxifies the body and increase the metabolic rate.
3. Pre and post workout meals:
- Pre workout- ¼ th tsf of green tea + 200 ml of hot water
- Post workout- 250 ml of cow milk or its shake without sugar.
4. Highly restricted Diet: The proteins and fibers should be increased in the diet and fat intake should be nil.
5. Advised to take: Oats, lemon, Broccoli, low-fat yogurt, boiled kidney beans, boiled black cucumber, cheese, green leaf, vegetables, soy chunks, brown rice. More use of ginger and garlic sprinkle cinnamon powder on every meal.
6. Advised not to take: Fried food, junk food, refined edibles like oil, wheat, sugar etc. starch-rich food like arbi, lady’s ginger, jackfruit, beetroot, kachalu, potatoes, peas etc.
7. Hot water intake: Hot water intake should be 12- 15 glasses in a day. Each glass should measure minimum of 200 ml.
8. Roast equal quantity of cumin seeds and flax seed and mix them. Take 1 tsf of this mixture daily empty stomach with hot lemon water.
9. Take 1 tsf of triphala(त्रिफला ) powder soaked in water since morning. Warm the water and drink before going to bed at night .
10. Mini Meals: Instead of taking 2-3 major meals in a day, take 6-7 divided mini meals.
11. Some safe herbal fat burners can be used to speed up weight loss.
Note: Fat burners work only if you are doing 100% effort to follow all other steps required for weight loss.
12. Sweden karma (steam & sweating) can be done at least twice a week to detoxify the body. To learn about more quick tips on what causes obesity and how to prevent or cure it, read our Diet Chart for Lower Respiratory Allergies to lose weight.